How To Rent
Welcome! We offer equipment rentals for the Greater KW area through our online booking platform. Rentals are by online booking only or by email request for unique requirements.
- Select the gear you need through our website
- Select the duration and start date of your rental (don't forget your accessories!)
- Select the pick up window at check out
- We'll email you our studio location and confirm pick up time.
- Pick up and get shooting!
- Drop off on specified date. Gear is inspected together at the time of pick up and drop off.
First Time Renting With Us?
We try to make the rental process as easy as possible. To make make things simpler on future rentals and ensure the safety of our gear, there's a couple extra steps on the first rental:
- Depending on your affiliation to Lensheadz the allowable rental amount may be limited the first couple times around. We understand this may not be ideal however it's the best way to ensure our equipment is safe and we build a long standing partnership together.
- A deposit will be required upon pick up via e-transfer to be refunded upon drop off and inspection of the gear. If you have production insurance, an exception can be made so long as we are provided a valid insurance certificate covering our equipment.
- Upon booking, an email/text will be sent to you requiring you to submit a photo of your valid photo ID and a photo of you at the time to authenticate your identity.
- Respond and submit your ID via email/text through the Real ID app. Please only submit through the "Real ID" app for your privacy and for authentication purposes.
- Once your identity is verified, we'll email you our studio location and confirm pick up time.
- Phew! We know that sounds like a lot but we'll do our best to keep it as streamlined as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call or email us and we'd be happy to assist you!
Where are you located?!
We are located in the heart of Uptown Waterloo, Ontario however we do not disclose our address for the safety and security of our gear. Once a booking is made we will send you our address upon authenticating your identity.
Can I drop in to check out the gear?
As much as we would love to have fellow creators in for a cup of coffee, visits are by appointment only, however, our site is available 24/7 for your rental needs.
I can't find the gear I need...
Unfortunately, it's tough for us to provide all the gear under the sun. We are constantly expanding our inventory and brands we carry! BUT if you have an immediate request we will do our best to source your request if we don't have a suitable substitute.
Why do I have to authenticate my identity?
As much as we want have faith in everyone there's some unsavoury people out there! Through our secure partner Real ID, it enables us to have the peace of mind our gear is safe, and in turn can rent to more creators.
How much of deposit do you require?
We typically require a deposit of 30-50% of the equipment value at the time of pick up to cover incidentals and hedge the likelihood of theft.